We believe the MPOD is the best F-Class specific bipod on the market, because of these features:
1. It is very sturdy, without any springiness
2. The wide splay of the legs counteracts the effect of torque when the rifle is fired.
3. The rifle is lower than the described apex of the legs, further reducing torque, and increasing balance.
4. Attachment is easy and secure.
5. Leg adjustment, for height and levelling, may be set-up for left or right-handed operation.*
6. It is superbly engineered.
7. This bipod is easily the best value competition bipod available.
8. It is under 13 ounces!
*(the leg adjusters may be set-up inside or outside the leg - preferably one each way - to be most easily accessed by the none-trigger hand)
The bipod was designed for competition use, so not intended for carrying whilst hunting, but will have tremendous appeal to varminters shooting off a bench or the cab of a pick-up, where it offers maximum stability with self adhesive neoprene on the skis.
The MPODs are made from aircraft grade aluminum with quality steel hardware and lugs for durability and a long life. The exterior is a milspec hard Anodizing which not only looks great but will stand up to lots of normal use.
Adam Bagnell the 2012 GB league F/TR Champion uses a Mystic Bipod.
The installed pod now weighs 12.8ozs installed (as pictured). This makes the MPOD the lightest F class suitable pod I am aware of. By comparison, a Harris BR – S 6 to 9″ bipod weighs 13.8ozs on the same scale. If you want to save even more weight, you can swap in bolts for the knobs and that will cut another 1.5oz off the total!!!
The MPOD is designed for forends up to 2.55″. We can custom make spacing wider or narrower. Other custom features like longer legs, different feet, stronger design (orig supported 200lbs but still only weighed 20ozs), etc are all possible.
Ease of assembly and use have been retained. Stability and Strength will exceed anything an F class shooter (most shooters for that matter) will need – the MPOD easily supports a 50lbs rifle. No problem with bigger boomers either.
The lowest height is 4 1/2″ suitable for bench work and raised berms when shooting prone. At full elevation, you have 7 3/4″ to the mounting lug. For most rifles, you can shoot on a flat surface and still get into a comfy position. Best part, the MPOD gets a wider footprint for improved stability the more you raise the pod. Most ski pods pull their legs in to raise the rifle. That makes the rifle even more tippy. Uneven ground? The MPOD can handle a 4″ difference between legs and still stand.
MOUNTING OPTIONS: NOTE: Will work with both commonly found T slot rails ie Choate and Anschutz/Savage stocks. Swivel Stud adaptor now available. Plus an adaptor for Picantinny rail mounting now available.
MPOD Design Goals:
- Improved geometry to reduce the affects of torque during recoil for consistent tracking and follow through
- Easy to operate with large range of movements to account for varied terrain.
- Easy to install and remove - Solid with great repeatability and accuracy potential.
- Stability increasing with increased pod height which is opposite to a number of designs.
- Keep finished weight as low as possible – 12.8ozs installed, yet strong enough to support heavy rifles and big boomers
- Keep Price at the low side of competitor products.
We have certainly met and exceeded all the design goals. The range of movement covers a huge range of terrain. The pod is easily removed by loosening one central knob and sliding off the rail. When clamped, it is fixed and will not move during recoil.
Call NOW to order your Mystic Bipod.
Not convinced you need one yet ! Watch the Video...